The top meeting trends in 2017 are focusing their efforts into smaller communities, like Brookings, for their meetings and conventions. Brookings can offer a less stressful experience overall from start to finish. In addition, you'll walk away with a true authentic experience without the "big city" fatigue. While we believe there are many reasons to meet in Brookings, we've narrowed it down to our top nine favorite reasons.
- First and foremost, there is only one Nick's Hamburger Shop. An original to Brookings since 1929, Nick's is world famous for their mini, two-ounce burgers served simply without all the frills or fries. But grab a slice of homemade pie instead.
- Brookings offers diverse shopping. Many of our local artists and entrepreneurs live and thrive here, so there's always a craft market or local boutique within reach Also, our two state museums (SD Ag Museum Store and SD Art Museum Store) provide some unique souvenirs to take home.
- We have a surprise foodie culture in Brookings. Surprise! It's pizza! A total of nine different 'za places make for the best pizza challenge between friends and co-workers. Also, you can find many farm-to-table menu items at our local restaurants. We're pretty proud of our agriculture and try to showcase it as much as we can.
- Transform your event with venues that make you say OOHH and AHH! Whether you're looking for charm, functionality, wide open spaces or something a little more sporty, we've got you covered indoors and out.
- Our dedicated CVB team is at your service. We offer meeting essentials, promotion, welcome bags, grant funding and more. Explore what our team can do for you!
- One thing special to our community is our walk-able downtown scene. It offers everything from local boutiques, to dining with the team, to life-size art murals perfect for your group photo op, and also houses our one and only brewery (plus a few other pubs with pints).
- Why pay for fun when you can get it for free! Many of our attractions, festivals and events are free of charge. We just want you to have a good time in our community.
- Getting across town from the meeting to the nightlife takes less than 10 minutes. No car? No problem, here's a few ways to get around town.
- At the end of the day, a good night's sleep is all you need. Find quality accommodations at an affordable rate in Brookings.