By now you've likely had enough of winter... so let's go out with a BANG!
The 5th Annual Frost Fest gently forces us to embrace the chill and celebrate the season. Our local attractions band together, like snowflakes sticking to the sidewalk, to offer winter-themed activities throughout the third week in February. And let's face it, by February we need a little excitement to carry us into Spring. Frost Fest is a way to experience indoor and outdoor activities in Brookings. New in 2019, we've expanded the festival to an entire week to include more things to do for all ages.
What's even cooler (than being ice cold), is the fact that many of the events are FREE! Only a handful require pre-registration or a small admission fee.
Right now it feels like we're in the 7th inning stretch, just a few snowstorms away from Spring. So put on your snowpants, act like a kid, and celebrate the big chill of winter.
Here's the schedule for this year's Frost Fest. For more details, click here.
MONDAY | Frost Fest Cookie Make & Take // 6 - 7 PM & 7 - 8 PM @ The Carrot Seed Kitchen Company
TUESDAY | Tuesday Night Bike Ride // 7:15 PM @ Spoke-n-Sport
FRIDAY | Snow Ball Dance // 6:30 - 8 PM @ The Children's Museum of South Dakota
FRIDAY - SATURDAY | Winter White Out Sale // @ Downtown Brookings
- Plein Air Paint In // 9 AM - 12 PM @ Larson Nature Center, facilitated by the Brookings Arts Council
- Ice Fishing Derby // 10 AM - 1 PM @ Dakota Nature Park
- Winter Farmers Market // 10 AM - 1 PM @ The South Dakota Agricultural Heritage Museum
- Frostbite Frolic // 11 AM @ Innovation Village: Hosted by Prairie Striders
- Chili Feed // 11 AM - 2 PM @ Bethel Baptist Church, hosted by the Midwest Maidens
- Sap on Tap: The Story of McCrory // 1 PM - 3 PM @ McCrory Gardens
SUNDAY | Movie Matinee + 1 canned good item for donation // @ Brookings Cinema 8 Movie Theatre
Throughout the week, give Tee'd Off Golf Simulators a try with seven nights of Zombie Dodgeball! From 9:30 to 10 PM, bring a team of two to three friends for just $5 per team and enjoy a warm place with cold drinks.