We would like to introduce Visit Brookings, the new name of our new 501 6 (c) organization focused entirely on promoting and growing our community’s $100 million tourism industry!
Visit Brookings, formerly known as the Brookings Convention & Visitors Bureau (CVB), is the primary sales and marketing arm of the city as it relates to tourism and the visitor industry. Our mission is to work with strategic partners to market Brookings, develop tourism and strengthen events to provide economic impact to the community. Our efforts bring visitors to town where they support our hospitality, retail, transportation and other industries while increasing city tax revenues.
“This is something we have been working toward for several years,” said Visit Brookings Board Chair Randy Soma, who describes the move as a friendly separation from the Chamber. “We have been operating as a separate entity with our own board of directors and budget since 2012. Last year both organizations hired new directors, and we felt it was the perfect opportunity to finalize the change.”
As Visit Brookings, we invite you to join us in one or more of the following:
• Work with us to bring your next meeting or event to Brookings.
• Utilize our Event Grant program which provides financial assistance for meetings and events.
• Share our visitor itineraries with family and friends who come to town.
• Partner with us in understanding the importance of tourism in our community.
• Promote your business to visitors in our annual Brookings Visitor Guide.
• Join our email list to stay up to date on current happenings and events.
• Use our resources at www.Visitbrookingssd.com and follow us on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.