There’s nothing as tasty as a great meal for a great price. Here’s a rundown of some of the best bargains in Brookings.
1. Cook’s Kitchen – Old-Fashioned Breakfast / $8.50
This restaurant offers a myriad of savory breakfast and lunch options under $10. The Old-Fashioned Breakfast with two eggs, toast and your choice of meat is the perfect option for a fulfilling meal.
2. Cottonwood Coffee – Turkey Cali / $8.00
This cold sandwich, the best combination of classic and gourmet, consists of smoked turkey, mayo, mustard, provolone, tomato and red onion. It comes with a side of chips and an orange slice.
3. Guadalajara – Super Nachos (Half) / $9.50
A local favorite, the Super Nachos are the perfect dine-in or to-go option for any day of the week.
4. La Cantina – Chicken Soup / $6 Lunch / $6.50 Dinner
Pollo de Sopa, a simple yet deliciously crafted dish, is composed of broth, chicken and vegetables served with fried tortilla strips. The chips and salsa starter is included.
5. Wok n Go-Shrimp Fried Rice / $6.49
The Shrimp did what? The Shrimp Fried Rice? You read that correctly. This flavorful box of rice provides the versatility of both a dine-in and to-go meal.
6. Agua Fresh – Chicken Caesar Wrap / $8.40
This healthy and fulfilling mix of chicken, Caesar dressing and lettuce rolls together in a spinach wrap. It comes with a rich and delicious juice drink.
7. Tropical Smoothie Cafe – Chicken Pesto Flatbread with “Mango Magic” Smoothie and Side / $9.69
Some might say you feel a certain magic in the air. It is. It’s Mango Magic … just one of the delicious smoothie options.
8. Nick’s Hamburgers – Two Sliders with Chips and Drink / $9.00
One cannot simply visit Brookings and not check on this local favorite.
9. Cubby’s – Wild Mushroom Provolone Burger with Fries / $9.75
The wildest thing about this deal is that you get this gourmet burger, paired with fries, all for a decent price.
10. Taco Express- Quesadilla with Choice of Meat and Vegetables / $7.50
Conveniently located inside the BP gas station off Interstate 229, this hidden gem of cuisine allows you complete freedom in customizing your order.
Article by Anthony Hawkins, SDSU PR Writing Class